- Stephanie Vaughn
- 6 Hours 13 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 27, 2017
Take your current knowledge of DBT to the next level. This training will help you focus on individual DBT techniques, specifically the behavioral chain analysis. Many DBT clinicians agree that the individual mode of DBT is the most difficult mode to implement. This training will help you add another tool to your DBT tool belt and increase your confidence while delivering this comprehensive model.
National expert and speaker Dr. Stephanie Vaughn will use case examples, recordings of actual sessions, role-plays and an up-beat, high energy and down-to-earth presentation to teach these advanced topics. Stephanie has the unique ability to translate the most challenging concepts from DBT to simple practical terms, so you are ready to use these skills the next day with your clients.
- Take your knowledge in DBT to the next level
- Major emphasis on specific individual DBT techniques
- Hands-on practice using specific DBT strategies
- Become proficient in behavioral chain analysis
|Manual (3.18 MB)||34 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Movement, Speed, Flow and Dialectics
- Developing goals with clients
- DBT client and therapist agreements
- Decreasing and assessing suicidal and self-harming behaviors
- Increasing Skill Acquisition and Strength
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Distress Tolerance
- Schema Change Methods – The CBT of DBT
- Improving the Moment and Dialectical Synthesis
- Reciprocal communication — Being responsive, genuine and engaging
- Irreverent communication — “Plunging in where angels fear to tread”
Stages and Targets of DBT — Structuring the Treatment
- Pre-Treatment Stage: Orienting the client to treatment and getting commitment
- Stage 1 Target Behaviors: Decrease life-threatening, therapy interfering and quality-of-life interfering behaviors and increase DBT skills
- Stage 2 Target Behavior: Decrease Posttraumatic Stress Responses
- Stage 3 Target Behavior: Increase self-respect and achieve individual goals
- Stage 4 Target Behavior: Increase joy, freedom and spiritual fulfillment
- Targeting Strategies — What to treat and when
The Diary Card
- How to teach a client to fill out a diary card
- How to review a diary card in an individual therapy session
- Where to look for and what to treat on a diary card
- Handling diary card non-compliance
The Behavioral Chain Analysis — The ingenuity of DBT
- Learning the steps to conduct the chain
- Identifying function in behavior
- Using behavioral principles in order to “break the chain”
- Applied case studies
Core DBT Strategies: Validation
- Levels of Validation — Staying awake to radical genuineness
- Emotional Validation Strategies
- Behavioral Validation Strategies
- Cognitive Validation Strategies
Owner/ Clinical Psychologist
Stephanie Vaughn, Psy.D., Clinical Psychologist-HSP is the founder of Psyche, PLLC, a boutique outpatient therapy practice located in the Nashville, TN and Boston, MA. She is an associate faculty member at Vanderbilt University in both the psychology and psychiatry departments. Dr. Vaughn conducts Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) with both adolescents and adults as a Board Certified DBT Clinician™. She is an expert on therapy-interfering behaviors and contingency management for oppositional behaviors in adolescents.
Dr. Vaughn has worked in the intensive PTSD program at the Department of Veteran Affairs with soldiers returning from Afghanistan and Iraq and female soldiers suffering from Military Sexual Trauma where she implemented formal Prolonged Exposure (PE). She is active in the teaching and supervision of DBT for Vanderbilt’s psychology & counseling students and doctoral interns, as well as psychiatry residents. Dr. Vaughn has presented DBT workshops around the country for the last seven years and is a highly rated speaker. She founded and currently runs Vanderbilt’s DBT Peer Consultation Group. She has served as an expert consultant for a variety of hospitals, schools, and clinics around the country.
Financial: Stephanie Vaughn maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Stephanie Vaughn is a member of the American Psychological Association.